Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Workouts Progressing ...

The new bike is working just great. The only problem I've had is that the cadence counter actually seems to miss a count or two every 30 seconds or so. So what it looks like is I'm seeing 80 RPM for pedal speed and all the sudden it goes to 38 or 40 and then back to 80. The computer is a Specialized Turbo Elite model and it's mystifying how this can happen. My experience with cadence counters is that they work or they don't (binary operation) and there's no in-between. Anyway, I've send in a question to Specialized on this and if anyone out there reads this and has had a similar problem, please write a comment or email me (see my profile).

Anyway, the TriCross Sport bike has a nice 50/11 upper gear and it's very nice for downhill runs. I've brought my time for my normal workout ride down to 52 minutes and will probably start working up to double the distance over the next few weeks. This bike is much lighter than my old one *and* I may have a buyer for the old bike (although I really care most that it goes to someone who will use it well and treat it right ... even if I give it away). Other than that, all I can say is that I'm (still) getting older ... so that's a plus!

Keep smilin' ...

No comments: