Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Spiderman 3

OK, so I went to the movie at 10am last Sunday (May 6, 2007). It was really pretty good ... the theater was only about 25% full (of course the people that chose to bring their 2 1/2 year old to the movie also chose to sit right in front of me ... fortunately it was easy to find another seat!).

I liked this movie a lot (of course, it's Spiderman) ... but it has more of a "slow" dark side combined with a tremendous amount of action so it keeps you guessing and wondering about events from the prior movies (especially about when Pete's uncle was killed in the first movie). Anyone raised on Marvel comic book heroes will really like this ... and it seems there will soon be another Fantastic Four movie out (according to the previews) ... so I'll probably go see that (or else rent the video).

Overall, though, it's still more fun to go to the movies with somebody rather than going alone ... well, if that changes one of these days, I'll be sure to update it here (like there's more than about 2 people in the world that read this ... ha-ha!).

Had a good workout yesterday (5/7/07) as I made it around in just over 51 minutes (averaging about 16.5 mph). I know that's probably not too fast for those "road bike" guys ... but it's OK for me ... especially given that it was still a bit windy out. That's 12 straight days of bike workouts now ... which might just be a record for me (so ... every day is a new record!).

Took rides on the motorcycle yesterday and today as it was just gorgeous out here in Cedar Rapids. In fact, I was out singing and just did one song (Lost In The Fifties Tonight) before I bugged out to zip around on the bike for awhile before dark.

Well, E (pronounced "A"), the manager at Pei's China Bistro here on the NE side of Cedar Rapids had his last day there last Saturday (May 5) and will be taking management training for 8 weeks as he starts working at Lowe's here in Cedar Rapids. Good fellow ... I'm gonna miss him, but he has my number(s) if he wants to play some golf. Odds are that he'll be transferred out of Cedar Rapids after his training is complete. He's OK with that as his family has quite a bit of allergy problems with ragweed, etc., here in Iowa and another place (Arizona, California maybe) would suit them better from that perspective.

Take care and keep on smilin' ...

Ken

No comments: