Monday, May 21, 2007

Winners! ... Kind Of ...

Well, Larry called me this evening. Said he called the golf course about the Sunday best shot we played in and turns out we won 2nd place in the 1st flight (that's the one below the championship flight) ... and it was worth $58. Good deal (even though it's a gift certificate and not cash) as we only paid $25 to enter.

Larry's laid up today as he pulled muscles in both his back and leg when he slipped on a golf ball at the driving range yesterday. With little sympathy (of course) I declared it an "old man's injury" and said it'd get better very quickly. Anyway, guess I'll wait up on playing league golf (normally tomorrow, Tuesday) to see if he will be able to play later in the week.

Easy bike ride today and I only sang one song down at City Beat ... a new one (for me) called "I Loved Her First" by Heartland. I resist doing too many (or exclusively) country songs but it's a nice ballad and no doubt one that will be played/sung at many upcoming weddings. Turned out pretty good for a first effort ... but I admit I practiced it a bit this afternoon.

And note that the waxing crescent moon (an obvious smile) will be near Saturn tomorrow night (Tuesday) ... that should bring a smile to everyone's face.

No comments: