Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

Quiet day today. I actually went in to work for a few hours. Then had a bicycle workout. Kinda dozed off for awhile this afternoon but then drove out to Waubeek as the Blue Band was scheduled to play there this evening. But that place was just a zoo so I stopped over to the driving range to hit some golf balls with Larry. He showed me the new radar detection system. It's pretty interesting. It determines ball spin, club speed and ball launch speed as well as launch angle. Then it gives an estimate of the distance for the ball flight. That was pretty consistent and seemed to be fairly accurate, especially when I hit it straight. Also, when I hit a ball "easier" on purpose, it consistently showed lower speeds, distance, etc. The current software in the radar system is in the beta test stage and it did not identify the direction of ball spin/flight (i.e., what degree of hook or slice is present). Fun to try though.

Well, City Beat is closed today so no karaoke this evening. And I didn't fire up the grill but did stop over to Sammy's to play a few video games and have a hamburger (they make the best hamburger in town, bar none, IMHO). I actually have a gas grill up on the shelf in my garage (still in the box) that I got for my 30th anniversary at work. Guess I should put that together someday (and get a tank of propane). Maybe if I had that going I'd grill fresh chicken a bit more often (very tasty, very lean and high in protein and niacin).

And going to Sammy's really wasn't like grilling out on Memorial Day (for that, I typically feel like I need family or someone special, I guess), but it did put a smile on my face ... and it was a yummy burger!

No comments: