Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sunday Sunshine Golf

Well, great day for golf today. A bit of a breeze but nothing wild and crazy. Larry and I played a 2-man best shot at Twin Pines. We really missed several easy putts on the back for birdies and I was not hitting very well for the most part ... but we compensated pretty well and made quite a few putts. So we finished at -5 but it's anyone's guess if we'll win any money (the tourney is flighted). Typically -9 to -12 will win the championship flight, but maybe we'll get something in the 2nd flight.

At about 80 degrees this afternoon I then decided it was a good day to ride up to Center Point ... and I was right. Not too many crazies on the trail and I worked hard so made the 27 mile round trip in 1:36. That's pretty close to my best time. It was about 45 minutes going north and 51 minutes coming back ... with a breeze from the south.

Dancing was fun this past weekend. I ended up at Walford but was late getting there (9:30) so I stayed pretty late and had a good time. Then Saturday went to Walford again to swing dance with the Good Time Oldies band. They're pretty good. Had many dances and stayed there until 11pm. Otherwise, same old, same old ... got my laundry done and the lawn mowed. Well, better get out there and wash the trail dust off the bike. Then I need to get something to eat ... that's worth a big smile!

No comments: