Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Nice Weather, Eh?

Wow! Wotta nice day today. 'Bout 80 degrees here and light westerly winds. Good bicycle workout and then I went to Salsa lessons at 7pm. Well, after that I decided it was time to sing so I went down to Eddy's show at Magu's (on 2nd Avenue). I don't get there very often because that place has terrible ventilation and the smoke builds up early. But with the nice weather I figured there probably wouldn't be a big crowd and that was true. So it worked out ... because I really wanted to sing "Lost In The Fifties" again (been practicing it) ... it's a Ronnie Milsap song that I used to do quite regularly but haven't done it for several years now. Anyway, that worked out well and then on the way home I stopped at Sammy's and had one of their great 1/4 pound burgers. They had a live musician there but he was struggling with a cold ... gotta hand it to him, he was tuffin' it out pretty well.

In news on the bike, the bike shop left me a message that my replacement cyclo-computer is in so I'll check that out tomorrow after golf (and after I get my Thursday ride in) as I have to remove the old one completely and turn it in when I get the new one. Hopefully the cadence counter will work right after the switch.

About golf ... well, we're playing on Thursday (rather than Tuesday) this week because Larry (my partner, see links to his website on my website) was traveling on Tuesday. It should be fun and, hopefully, the weather will still be nice (never too sure with global warming though). Sure wish I had a gal to play golf in the couples league this year. That was always so much fun ... but doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Well, I was planning on going out to Walford to dance this Friday but it seems they don't have a dance this week (on Friday anyway). So I'll either have to give up on that idea or head up to Electric Park in Waterloo. But I'm going to the annual cookout/picnic at Coralville Lake this Friday early (6pm) so don't know if I want to scurry up to Waterloo to make it there by 8:00 (would have to leave the picnic by about 6:45 ... ugh). Maybe I'll just go to the picnic and then stop and see Lynne Rothrock perform here at a coffee shop in Cedar Rapids.

Keep smilin' ... and stay away from anyone that espouses "Intelligent Design" ... just recognize how difficult it is to embrace ignorance and dogma instead of fact and an honest search for observable truth.

No comments: