Thursday, May 31, 2007

At Long Last ...

Well, what a great day out there! It's about 75 degrees and, for the first time in a very long time, there was just a slight breeze. So I left on my usual bicycle ride and didn't think too much about it but realized at the end I was close to breaking through the magic "50 minute" barrier. This is something I've only done once before (somehow did 48:46 or so). So I keep spinning those pedals and got in at 49:26 for 17.2 mph. Not even really terribly exerted today. It's just nice to not be fighting that wind all the way.

I suppose I should go out and hit some golf balls ... but I did get my hair trimmed and now I'm a bit hungry, so I guess golf might have to wait awhile. Larry and I are playing in another little 2-man best shot on Sunday so we'll see how that goes. He's got a pulled muscle in his leg that is hampering him quite a bit. I think it's also going to impact his long drive contest results unless he takes it easy there for awhile ... but that's not really Larry's way of doing things. Well, we'll see how we do.

There's probably no better reason to smile than weather like this ... and, everyone should know that today is the 2nd full moon in the month of May ... so it's called a "blue moon". H-mmm ... I'll have to see about singing that song tonight.

No comments: