Tuesday, May 29, 2007

It's A Good Day For Golf

No, I didn't have a very good golf game today ... but it was still much better than being at work ;-) ...

Anyway, I had a few good shots and Larry eagled a hole with a chip-in so there were moments. Then I stopped at the bike shop to talk about the chain rubbing on the front derailleur in the top two gears. I said it felt like the cable was stretching and gradually letting the shifter move *in* so that it could touch the chain. And today I was talking to a new guy at the bike shop named Culley. That's because my regular mechanic, Matt, apparently up and moved to Madison, WI. The nerve! He absolutely never cleared that with me at all (he-he)! Anyway, Culley said it was probably cable stretch and he showed me the easiest place to do minor adjustments. I tried it and it did get better for today's ride. Just another little tweak and it should be perfect (again).

I tell you folks, I've seriously been thinking about RAGBRAI this year but I just cannot seem to get excited about riding with 10-20,000 other people for 5 straight days. I don't know what it is, but it just doesn't grab me. Well, if I come across some local yokels like me that are going I might reconsider, but I'm not getting that good "gotta do it" feeling right now. Maybe I'll settle for getting a good feel for century rides by taking the trail up to Waterloo a few times this summer. It will be interesting to make sure of hydrating properly and getting the right amount of "fuel" before during and after the ride(s). Now where are those panniers of mine? Wonder if they're up top in the garage ... h-mmm.

Think I'll try a new place to sing tonight ... based for sure on today's game, it's gotta be true that I'll do better at that than I did at golf! And that, at long last, will really make me smile.

No comments: