Sunday, May 27, 2007

Memorial Day Eve ...

Wonderful weather here in Cedar Rapids today. It's 72 now with light winds and low humidity ... very nice. Played golf with Larry and a couple other guys this morning. Average day ... had a few blowup holes on the back nine, but what's new!

Then this afternoon I got the lawn mowed and got in a bike ride (almost 800 miles so far this spring). Went out to Biaggi's for a new (to me) drink and some italian bread dipped in olive oil (with ground pepper and parmesan cheese). The drink is Raspberry Vodka with lemonade ... very good stuff and highly recommended for any Memorial Day parties you are planning. Tweaked the bicycle up a little and lubed the chain and derailleurs. Also, my friend Adam (from Biaggi's) is interested in buying my old Giant bicycle for his wife (the frame size might be better for her, at 5'7" than it was for me as it was somewhat too small for me). Anyway, I sent him pics of the bike and he might bring his wife over to ride it one of these days (no rush, of course).

Then I stopped at Target on the way home and got a few DVD's along with Spiderman and South Park tee-shirts (a lark, but should be fun). Just wanted to have a few party shirts (yes, you never know when you'll be invited to a party!)

Went up to a 50's "sock hop" dance at Electric Park for an hour or so last night. Had to get home though as I needed to get up pretty early to play golf this morning. Ditto for next Sunday (6/3/07) as Larry and I are playing in a 2-person best shot at Ellis golf course again. It's a "red tee" tournament ... so everyone hits from the ladies tees (pink tee shirts are optional ... he-he). Should be a fun time.

That reminds me that I need to get over to collect my winnings from the 5/20/07 best shot that we finished 2nd in our flight in. That was a good deal!

As John Denver said "If I had a day that I could give to you, I'd give to you a day just like today" and "I'd tell a tale sure to make you smile" ... good evening everyone!

No comments: