Saturday, May 12, 2007

Strawberries ... M-mmm Good

I cut up some fresh strawberries for my cereal today ... boy is that good. I highly recommend it. Plans were to go out tonight to see/use an 11" Celestron telescope that a co-worker bought last winter but it looks like it will be a bit cloudy around here so that's a "no-go" for this weekend. Have to get it accomplished while the upcoming new moon does *not* dominate the night skies. It should be fun ... I'll let you know how that goes.

Took another ride up to Center Point (only the 2nd this year) on the trail today (27 miles, roundtrip). It was so much better, even discounting the fact that I'm on a new bike, than the last ride that it's almost impossible to compare. About 74 degrees outside with a light breeze. Seems like I could've kept on riding all day. Besides the nicer weather I can say for sure the my butt is now in much better shape (and get your minds out of the gutter, ladies ... or ... not, ha-ha) than 2 months ago when I last tried this. Plus I had on my favorite (spiderweb, sleeveless, blue) riding shirt and new LG helmet. The thing about this helmet (which just came in the mail today) is that it has a patented and very cool adjustment doowidgie called a "Spiderlock" (or something like that). So if it's cold and you need something on your head under the helmet there's quite a bit of (easy to do) latitude in adjusting it quickly. But it's gray and red and I like the color scheme a lot. Made by a Canadian company (just like my Tilley hat!). Those boys do make some neat stuff now and again, eh? .

And, big news here, the bartlett pears I bought on Wednesday *finally* were ripe enough to eat this morning! I'll tell you this, it was just yummy.

Smile and the world smiles with you.

No comments: