Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Good Week for Golf?

Well, I think I mentioned that I'm playing 3 times this week. 1st time was today (Wednesday) and, although the par 72 course is pretty easy, I did shoot a 79. For some reason my driving *and* putting were both working and so it was good. Now I'm looking forward to the tournaments on Friday and Sunday.

Got some new clipless (SPD) pedals for the bike (and associated shoes). This all happened after the bike shop looked at my crank problem and determined it was only a problem with a washer on the pedal. But that got me thinkin' ... and so I bought the new stuff. They are pretty cool and I'm already used to them after only 2 rides (yesterday and today). Actually I got a second pair of shoes today as I felt like it might be good to have a spare in case one pair gets wet or something and needs to dry out. These are what's called Mountain Bike shoes and you can walk comfortably in them since the clips on the shoes are recessed underneath. That's not true (I'm told) for Road Bike shoes (which have different hardware for pedals as well). Wish I'd done this a long time ago ... oh, well, live and learn!

Gotta get outta here to go to Salsa lessons tonight and I'm looking forward to dancing both Friday and Saturday nights this weekend (two different venues). That's one of the things that makes me smile. Still haven't sold my other bike yet (Giant-Nutra about 10 years old, runs good) ... so if you're interested, send a comment or an email.

... later.

No comments: