Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wednesday the 13th

Just another lucky day, I guess . Had a very good workout ride today and broke the 49 minute barrier (again). Actually hit 48:05, which is about 17.7 mph for the 14.25 mile ride. Clearly, it won't be long before 48 falls! Haha ... well, not a big deal, but it still feels good.

In other biking news, I'm tentatively planning on riding the trail to Waterloo this Saturday (June 16). That's 52 miles one way and, at the end of the day it would be a total of about 105 miles. To do that I'll probably hook up the panniers and bring along some carbs (and bananas) to eat. Should be able to average 12-13 mph with the stops I'll make and it will be quite a long day. However, my base plan is to ride at least 25 miles up and then return for a minimum of 50 miles. I'll simply go further than that depending on how good I feel riding. Dehydration will be a concern as it's looking like the temperature will be around 90 with some humidity. As much as anything, I suppose, I might not go all the way up there because it does get boring riding alone ... but we'll just have to see how it goes. And if I do that ride I wonder if I'll want to play golf Sunday morning as some other folks (i.e., Larry) have planned? H-mmm, well, that would be a pretty good endurance test itself ... walking the hills of Ellis golf course. It's enough to make a young man smile ...

P.S. Salsa lessons were fun tonight. Had a few nice dances too but would like to get some singing in ... just feel tired. Anyway, I decided to get some tasty sugar cookies, fruit trail mix and bread for sandwiches as part of my fuel for Saturday's ride ... already tried out the bread (Baker's Inn Honey Whole Wheat from HyVee) with a turkey sandwich and it's *very* tasty. I also will make pb&j sandwiches for the ride. Yum!

No comments: