Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday Thoughts-47:06 ... Updated

Well, it's early in the morning on Thursday. Just decided it was time to write something. Now I should spend a minute or two commenting on the title of my last post. Using the description "Fantastic" there was somewhat tongue in cheek as far as describing the results of golfing the past weekend. It was my attempt at a play on words, as it tied in to the fact that I saw the "Fantastic" 4 movie ... so I don't want to get a thousand comments about how "average" (or really lousy if you look at the Saturday score) the golfing results really were, wondering if I've finally gone completely off my rocker (besides, hehe, that happened long, long ago ...).

So what's it feel like to write here so early in the morning ... well, it feels ... early! I'm usually up at 5am as I like to get to work and then get home in the afternoon so I can ride bike (even when the sun sets much earlier in the fall, winter or spring) *and* see the sun at the same time. But what has happened this early in the day? I must report that nothing much happened ... I always step on the scale in the morning and today it showed me at 159 pounds. That's such a good weight for me (as I've commented before). I intend to stay at 160 +/-2 pounds from now on.

I might add that yesterday was a very bright day as I received some very nice emails from a friend who had been on vacation ... and was thought about . There was also a discussion about dancing, singing and the possibility of a red dress coming along ... it was good. Not much in the way of plans for tonight, although I'll probably sing a song or two at City Beat. I'm thinking I should trim the bushes in front of my house too ... perhaps after my bicycle ride this afternoon. And finally, I'm considering another century ride ... perhaps to Waterloo but maybe to other locations around and south of here (instead of north).

Update ... had a very good ride today. It was cool out with light winds from the northeast. I easily did my usual 14.2 mile ride in 47:06. It's only a matter of time until 47:00 falls ... eh? Guess I was in particularly good spirits. Seems that attitude has as much to do with it as anything ... and isn't that always the way it really is? One of these days, now, I need to put a new picture on my profile as this one is approaching 1 year old. H-mmm, should I get a haircut first or not?

No comments: