Friday, June 29, 2007

Dancing, Biking, Singing ... It's A Life

Well, finally! Yes, today's ride came in at 46:48 with the last 2 miles in about 5:40. It's so much easier to ride when the temperature is 77 instead of 87+ and those darn winds are not a factor.

Tonight I'm looking forward to dancing in Dubuque. It's a place I've never been before ... should be fun and tomorrow is movie day. Going to see Shrek 3 followed by wine, bread and some karaoke ... with, no doubt, a bit of dancing too. No question about it ... it will be a good time.

Got a front pannier bracket for the bike today so I'll probably put that on this weekend. It'll be nice to be able to move the bags to the front and maybe have a more balanced ride if I need both front and back panniers for a longer ride. Now, I still don't plan on riding RAGBRAI this year but, interestingly enough, I just got a notice for jury duty starting the Monday after RAGBRAI week. Most of the time, in my experience, lawyers don't want rational objectivity on a jury so they typically exclude engineering types. So, even if I do actually get called down to the courthouse, I don't think I'll make it onto an actual jury. I think it would be an interesting experience to actually be on a case though ... I guess we'll see what happens. Of course I'll report it all here (careful, don't fall off the edge of your chair waiting for that! hehe). I plan on smiling quite a bit this weekend ... later.

No comments: