Sunday, June 3, 2007

Sunday Golf ... A Good Drive!

Had fun golfing with Larry today. It was a 2 person best shot from the red (women's) tees and playing from there really changes the golf course quite a bit. Anyway, I couldn't hit a drive to save my a** for the first 6 driving holes but Larry was hitting good there. We had a darn good round though and that's because we made some putts and my wedge was hot (including, I hope) a closest to the pin on a 120 yard par 3). Then on #9 I hit a real good drive and then I changed from jeans to shorts for the back nine. It was a good thing to do. I even drove the 246 yd. 15th green (we 2-putted for birdie). Anyway, we actually bogied the 1st and 18th holes but had 10 birdies for an 8 under 64. Who knows ... maybe we'll win something (including, I hope, that closest to the pin on #8 ... and, yes, we made that putt for birdie).

Well, after that it was lunch at Hy-Vee and then I got in a bicycle ride and weight workout. Now for a shower and then I might go out and look into getting a new driver (couldn't hurt, eh?) ... there's nothing (well, almost nothing ... hehe) better than a good drive. Sure puts a smile on my face!

No comments: