Saturday, June 2, 2007

Another Fine Day in Iowa

Good weather here today ... although it was cloudy this morning and it may rain this afternoon. Broke 50 minutes again on the bicycle run despite a 10+ mph breeze. That's a good feeling. Maybe I'm finally starting to get in shape (you think?!). They say it takes longer to do that the older you get ... and, it would seem, I do appear to be getting older each and every day .

Pretty efficient as I got the lawn mowed, killed some box elder bugs that were homesteading in a driveway seam (soapy water wipes 'em out) and then went out for some Chinese at Pei's restaurant around 1:15.

I just received a new book I ordered from Barnes & Noble called "Reclaiming History-The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy". It was written by Vincent Bugliosi, who was the successful prosecutor of the Charles Manson group regarding the Sharon Tate murders (documented in his earlier book called Helter Skelter). This book is big ... weighs about 5 pounds and has 1600 pages, including the index. It also comes with a CD that contains "Endnotes and Source Notes" referenced in the book. That's a nice thing as the CD is easily searchable. Anyway, the bottom line of this book (which I've only just started) is that the assassination of Kennedy was done by one man, Lee Harvey Oswald, and there was not, is not and probably never will be any evidence of any conspiracy. This book is something that really needed to be written and has been a work in progress for about 20 years. Hopefully it will put an end to all the crazy conspiracy folks/groups out there (but probably not). It's very interesting stuff.

Last night I went dancing and, I must confess, also went out to sing on the way home from Waterloo (probably temporary insanity induced by the 4 diet Pepsi's I drank at the dance ... he-he). It was a great evening with many lovely gals to talk and to dance with. Can't remember when I've smiled as much in recent memory as last night. Possibly the only thing better would be driving a tractor ...

Tonight I think I'll sing a few songs ... maybe at Eddy's show down at Magoo's but I'm pretty tired ... so will have to see if I can get a nap in or something. Not used to getting home at 1am .

No comments: