Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Golf & Bicycles, Crackers, Cheese & Wine

Interesting subject, eh? Well, played golf with Larry today and it wasn't the greatest. Not terrible, but pretty mediocre. Occasionally, there were some good, even amazing, shots by both of us ... but overall, not a good scoring day for league.

On the bicycle front, I guess I'll have my old bicycle sold by this Thursday evening if not before. One of the bartenders at Biaggi's Italian restaurant wants to get a second hand bike for his wife ... and I think it'll fit her OK as she's fairly tall at 5'7". There was another person interested in the bikc as well, but haven't heard anything more from her on it, despite additional prompting with a weekend email. Anyway, she talked about it first so it will go to her if she gets in touch to say she wants to check it out. Right now, though, I cleaned and lubed the chain and reset the seat and handlebars down to what I think should work for a 5'7" person ... so it'll be ready for a test ride Thursday evening.

Not much happening today ... no good movies, no romance, no special person in my life ... but I am reading a pretty good book and I have now had a bicycle workout for 40 of the past 41 days that I've owned the new bicycle. That's progress ... I guess (haha) ... and I did actually get my time on the normal circuit that I do down to 49:10. So I think I'll break the 49 minute barrier sometime soon (depending mainly on the wind conditions) ... and I think I'm also more "warmed up" when I ride after walking 18 holes of golf (or maybe I'm just wanting to do something I can consistently do better than golf! ... hehe), so that could've been the key today.

Well, I finally remembered to run out and get some fresh strawberries tonight (from Target). Problem is that all the 1 lb. boxes were really *not* ripe. But there was a 2 lb. box that was, so I got that one (and also a few bananas) and got them all washed and cut up and in the fridge. But tonight is going to be Wine & Cheese (melted on saltines) night ... just because ... with maybe an apple thrown in there. I've actually been pretty good about fruit this past month at least ... as I've been working out much more regularly with the bike. I'm getting my 4 fruit servings and 5 vegetable servings (or vice-versa, haha) every day ... now that's pretty good as I've never been particularly careful about making sure of that in the past. I guess we all can change, eh?

Believe in people and be patient ... both smiles and love will arrive in abundance one of these summer days. Have a good evening, all.

No comments: