Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Salsa Wednesday

Today I went to my usual Salsa lesson at The Spy Bar on 10th street in Marion. It was fun, although Darryl brought in a new instructor (named "Ken" of all things!) for the evening and I didn't think he was nearly as good. But it was definitely a different approach and there were quite a few folks there that don't normally attend.

After that, I left to sing ... but decided I didn't really want the smoke tonight so I stopped in at Biaggi's and had "Hot Tamale" Holly make me a Summer Sizzler (Raspberry Vodka w/Lemonade). M-mm-mm good! Found out that Adam (who may buy my old bike tomorrow night) the bartender plays guitar and sings for a rock band that will be playing in the Iowa City ped mall Friday night (10 to midnight). Anyway, they'll be stopping over at my house at about 6:30 tomorrow so we'll see what happens.

... ya know, I really like that summer sizzler ... and I do have Raspberry Vodka and lemonade here at the house ... h-mmm ... I feel a smile coming on (even though it's a school night!) ... just might have to have another one of those. Besides, it's kind of a quiet, and even lonely, Wednesday night ...

No comments: