Sunday, June 24, 2007

Golf Results-Fantastic?

Not the greatest golfing weekend for either Larry or me. Having shot 101 in drizzly, sloppy conditions at Ellis on Saturday it felt more and more like the best idea would be to not finish on Sunday. Well, that didn't sit very well with me so I headed out to hit balls and get to a 9:30 tee time for the Jones course portion of the tournament on Sunday. Turns out that Larry was scheduled for the 9:40 tee time but they had several folks drop out so they moved the remaining two people at 9:40 and Larry came to my group (otherwise we'd have only had 2) while the other guy moved to the 9:50 group.

Anyway, I shot 41/40-81 and that wasn't too bad. I could've easily gotten it to about 78 but for a few putts. Anyway, it's done now and I won't be playing any more two day tourney's this year. In some ways it's much more fun to ride bicycle ... which does keep me from practicing my golf swing. Besides that I need to go out dancing pretty regularly. H-mmm, should go out to Walford tonight if they have a dance ... but I'm kinda missing my regular dance partner so maybe I'll wait and just take a long bubble bath tonight. That much golf does make one ache a bit.

Well, better get to eating a bit of dinner ... although Larry and I did stop (at his request) at the downtown BBQ Roundup this afternoon. Man, that stuff is good! I just can't start getting into that on a regular basis or I'd have to start riding 50 miles a day !!

Tonight I decided to take a rare trip to the moviehouse, alone, and I saw the new Fantastic Four movie. It's pretty good ... and they even reveal the real name of the Silver Surfer. Next movie up is Shrek 3 ...

Final thought today ... "to be, or not to be ... and, if 'to be', will it be worth it?" At the end of the movie "Hitch", Hitch (Will Smith) throws himself out in front of his girl's (Sara, played by Eva Mendes) car and ends up lying on the pavement (she was leaving him). She jumps out and asks him what he think's he's doing. And he said words to the effect that sometimes we simply leap ... hoping that we learn to fly. And she's the only woman that can make him fly. That's the woman I'm looking for. And, yes, it will be worth it ... good night.

No comments: