Saturday, June 16, 2007

Century Ride Completed

Total miles today on the bicycle are 103. The ride to Waterloo was fairly uneventful. Starting at 6:30 this morning, I stopped only 1/2 hour into the ride to help a guy (named Don) finish fixing a flat tire. Total riding time was 7 hours 2 minutes for about a 14.7 mph average. The trip time was about 8.5 hours, resulting in a resting and re-fueling time total of about an hour and a half.

Feels pretty good to be done with that ride and it wasn't as boring as it could've been. Sandra from dance talked to me earlier in the week after reading about my plans in this blog and said she'd meet me in Brandon and then ride back in if that was OK. Well, of course it was so that was pretty cool. No injuries but my neck/shoulders are somewhat stiff and my right foot is a bit sore at the ball of the foot (probably from the unchanging pedaling pressure point introduced by the clipless pedals). But the bike worked flawlessly and I took a nice bubble bath after getting home. Also, lucky here, it rained pretty good around 4pm ... so it was good that I didn't dally any about getting going this morning (that said, I didn't get to bed until about 1:30 and up at 5:30 so probably could use some extra zzz's).

I estimated/measured that this workout burned about 3996 calories and I haven't made those up yet ... so I'm off to eat something, with a smile, of course.

No comments: