Tuesday, October 2, 2007

New Roof Status ... And Other Things

Well, my new aluminum roof installation was to start today but, of course, it's raining. So the work will commence tomorrow. I expect it to take about a week and just want to get it completed as soon as possible. The weather forecast is favorable through the end of the week with the next chance of thunderstorms happening on Saturday/Sunday. Apparently, the first thing that's installed is a waterproof underlayment so the weather won't matter after that (as far as moisture on the roof).

Well, it's getting lighter out now so perhaps the rain has passed. I'll probably go for a bicycle ride. The rain is not much of a problem but when it's accompanied by lightning I don't want anything to do with being out on the road on a bike. And since the start of the "official" abs/stretch month (only 1 full day of course!) I've kept up with the crunches and at least 2 minutes of stretching. I really do need to focus on the stretching part of this ... but I think it will be fun.

And, for all those that are wondering, the fridge is working great ... and the power company will be picking up the old one on Friday. I need to contact them on Thursday to make sure they give me a call when they're on their way to get it ... I can be home in 15 minutes to open the house for them.

Later ... well, what a wet and wild ride! But the rain was warm and there was no lightning. Anyway, it gives you a new understanding and feeling for what "alive" is ... fun!

No comments: