Friday, October 26, 2007

Biking Fun ... 3200 Miles in 2007

Today I hit 3200 miles (for the year) on the bicycle and it was an interesting ride. I say that because it was perfectly dry here in Hiawatha when I left ... and then when I turned north (about 5 miles out) I noticed that there seemed to be moisture on the road. Sure enough, as I went the last 2-3 miles into Toddville, there was quite a bit of water on the road. It stayed that way until I turned south again and got back to about 2-3 miles north of home. Then it was perfectly dry. So I think we were on the edge of some very light drizzle ... and it didn't actually rain on me but the bike got wet and, of course, got dirt and sand thrown up on it from the wheels. Guess I'll have to clean it up good again. That'll have to happen tomorrow when I replace and lube the front wheel bearings. Also, with 1100 miles on my new (2nd chain on this bike) chain, I can't detect any chain stretch. So I'm thinking it will probably be good until the odometer hits at least 4000.

Ryan thinks he got about 40 mpg on the drive back to North Carolina in the Corolla. That's pretty good and with oil starting to push $100/barrel, can it be long before the price of gas rises again? So this car is a very good choice for him.

Tonight should be fun for singing and maybe a little dancing. I'm invited out to Shellsburg to sing as well, but I don't know that I feel like making that drive again (round trip is about an hour on the road). So I think I'll just hang around town as there are plenty of places with stuff going on because of Halloween. I don't think I'll wear my costume though ... unless I end up going to a true "costume party" rather than just a bar here and there to sing/dance.

Well, it should be an interesting batch of Halloween parties as there will also be a full moon tonight. The weather word is dryer but cooler this weekend ... so I guess I didn't have to mow my lawn this afternoon. But it's done now and I'm glad.

And sooner or later I need to replace the faucet in my tub. It likes to drip a little bit and if I get it set "just so" I can get it to stop but that seems to be getting more and more difficult to do. One of these days I'll take it apart and then go get the right replacement stuff. I've had problems with these Delta ball faucets in the past so I'm going to take extra care to make sure I get this exactly right this time.

Think I'll watch Voyager for awhile and maybe do some weights ... I know, I should be stretching!

Later ...

No comments: