Sunday, October 21, 2007

Bicycle Maintenance ... Movie Love

Catchy title, eh? I did maintenance work on the bike today. Cleaned and lubed the chain and washed the bike. Well, the rear wheel is making a subtle grinding noise when it freewheels and so I figured I'd repack the wheel bearings. But when I took the bearing out and then turned the wheel on the hub the noise was still there. So it's somewhere internal to the hub. Anyway, I just decided to throw the wheel in the car and take it over to the bike shop tomorrow and have them look at it. I've taken a hub apart before and it's a bit of a pain ... plus I'm wondering if it's defective (and that would still be under the 1 year warranty) ... so I think it's better to just let the professionals handle it.

Watched a couple of movies this weekend (Starz almost always has free weekend movie "previews" as they try to get you to subscribe) and I have just this one observation to make regarding chick flicks. Yes, there are many good men out there and, in the movies, they usually get the love of their life. In large part it's because both are honest, in love and, eventually at least, become aware of the other and it all clicks ... especially with chemistry in the mix. But I'm here to tell you that it doesn't work that way in real life. I'm convinced ... and it took 20 years of my 54 1/2 to burn it into my heart and my mind.

Go Red Sox!

Good night.

No comments: