Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Let It Rain

This afternoon Tomlinson's stopped over and re-installed the gutters on my house. So now it can rain and I won't care (well, except for the fact that I haven't mowed my lawn for 10 days and now it won't stop raining so I can ... but maybe tomorrow, as it's supposed to be sunny, finally, again).

Looks like I'll hit 3100 miles on the bicycle this week (probably tomorrow) ... but it's getting cooler and nastier out day by day ... and although that won't stop me from riding, it's certainly not as fun as a good, sweaty, hot ride in the summer!

Oh, and before I forget ... this is sooooo interesting, and nice. Saturday evening one of the neighbors (Sarah) rang my doorbell and dropped off a plateful of chocolate chip cookies. Very nice (and very delicious cookies). Well, it's just about the nicest thing that's happened to me since early in the evening of January 12, 2007. I've already decided that I'll reciprocate with a pie sometime during the holiday season. They have a 6 week old baby and so I know they're going to have a very fun holiday.

Dancing was fun this weekend. I went out both Friday and Sunday evenings and had a great time. Looks like a bunch of gals from the dance are going to stop in to the Red Lion on either the 26th or 27th to hear me sing. Unfortunately, the 27th, although it is the day for the Halloween party, is also a Hawkeye home game and so the 20-something kiddies will be screaming and rapping at the Red Lion (yes, I'm whining, and this stuff just started this fall). So it's really not as much fun since that's pretty much like almost every other bar in town and, normally, there's a somewhat older (well, OK, "more refined", then) group of patrons at the Red Lion ;-). Well, I think I'll go out to Walford dancing tonight and let the gals know they should focus on Friday, the 26th, rather than Saturday. I'd hate for them to have a bad experience (especially when I'm singing, hehe).

I also had a discussion with a bartender friend on Sunday and she said she's never been married and doesn't see the benefit in it. I have a feeling she's right. Sure makes it much easier to avoid all the crazy's that often don't even know what they want. And you don't have to worry about them lying to you when they say they love you ... because everything's above board about them not wanting anything for "the long run". Maybe I should've figured this out at least 3 years ago. Sure would've been nice to not waste all that time on someone who basically chews men up and spits them out. And I wouldn't have fallen in love with her. And that's only my latest mistake. Wow. Well, live and learn ... and leave with a smile ... good night.

No comments: