Monday, October 29, 2007

Good Riding Today

I rode 24 miles today and I'm very confident now that wind is much tougher to deal with than hills (at least the hills in Iowa, hehe). Today there was a cross breeze but it wasn't terribly strong ... typically probably 8-12 mph. And the time was a respectable 1 hr 26 min. Calories burned were less and the time was quite a bit faster than the other day when I was dealing with a 20 mph straightaway wind. So my conclusion is that strong winds hurt you more when they're against you than what they help when they're with you. So opt to ride without any wind unless you can always ride *with* it ;-) ... pretty catchy, huh?

I need to do a further adjustment on the rear bearings because there is too much play in them. They were re-lubed at the bike shop but I guess anyone can have an off day.

Yesterday I didn't workout but I had a very interesting day ... and one that I'll never forget.

Later ...

No comments: