Thursday, October 11, 2007

3K and Counting ... and The Roof ...

Well, I hit 3000 miles on the bicycle for the year. That happened last Tuesday, 10/9/07. And I took Wednesday off ... just because. Today was a nice ride up to Center Point but that North wind was pretty cold. I guess Autumn is really here ... finally.

Went out for lunch with the boss (for Boss' Day) and had quite a few calories. This was at Red Lobster. Boy, I love those little cheddar biscuits ... but they are 160 calories a pop and over half the calories are from fat. Good motivation for a hard ride up to Center Point though (hehe).

The roof is about 90% done and only the detailing work at the front of the house remains. Of course that's the most labor intensive and I didn't receive total commitment to my observation that it "looks like you'll be done tomorrow". But I think they will. I have to say that they are doing a very good job of cleaning up the work area every night as well. I'm pretty pleased with this crew. I'm also pretty confident that my friend Larry is going to go the same way as it's time to replace his shingles. But he also wants to do windows and siding. Since he has a separate garage, he needs to do a reasonable job of matching up the finish on the house siding (which will be plastic, steel or aluminum) to that of the garage. Well, we'll see how that goes.

This should be a big dance weekend as I'm tentatively planning on going out to Walford on both Friday and Sunday nights and up to Waterloo on Saturday (although that's a bit iffy). As well, there are three places I'd like to stop and sing on Friday night (fortunately, the dance starts early) so it could be a very busy weekend.

It's cold (and cloudy) enough out that it might be time to kick in the old furnace soon. H-mmm, well, I hope it doesn't blow up or anything. I sure haven't done much riding on the motorcycle this year. All my spare time seems to go in to bicycle riding or golf. Well, if I ever get a girlfriend maybe she'll want to take some rides and that will motivate me. Fall is a good time for motorcycle, temperature wise, but it's not so great from the point of view of those idiots of the forest ... the white tailed deer. I really do *not* want to have one of them run out in front of me on the motorcycle and it seems that they're around at epidemic levels this time of year.

Well, enough for today ... I've been working on a couple of new songs, a duet entitled "Don't Know Much" and a solo song called "Nobody Knows". Both are very nice songs but I have to find someone that knows the duet before I can "do it" ... hehe.

Later ...

No comments: