Sunday, October 7, 2007

Of Golf, Dancing and Dish ...

Well, the golf game today was really pretty good. Played at Ellis and my "shot of the day" was on the par 3 8th hole (136 yds) where the tees were moved up a bit as they are preparing for winter. I hit a 9 iron to about 20 inches from the hole and, yes, I did make the putt for a birdie. It felt so good. Actually, I hit a lot of good irons today and a few reasonable drives. But I had a 9 on number 13 (appropriately enough) as I lost one ball and hit another out of bounds. Oh, well ...

Then I headed home to see if the Dish guy had successfully relocated my antenna as it was interfering with the edging on the new roof installation. As I expected, even though I made sure that the Dish guys knew I would *not* be home (I was out golfing), there were several voice mails saying things like "I knocked on the door and rang the doorbell but it seemed that no one was home ... call me when you'd like to re-schedule" ... sheesh.

So I called and talked to Josh and told him that I had made clear on the service call that I would not be at home (although it apparently wasn't clear enough) ... and he said he'd stop back later and do the job. Anyway, I was here when he stopped back (actually, I rode up on my bicycle as he drove in) and we got it moved (about 2 inches) ... all is now well. H-mmm, except for the fact that it cost me $50. I wonder if I can get that back from the roof installer ... probably not, that guy's a real tight-fisted b******. But I think his people are doing a good job on the install, and that's the important thing.

Dancing was really fun last Friday night ... have to figure out where to go next week/weekend ... as it will also be a celebration dance at having my roof installation completed! Whoo-whoo!

Anyway, this evening I decided to have some crabmeat rangoons at Pei's (where I also got some reading done on my latest book) and then stopped at Papa Juan's for a marg and some video games. It was a nice afternoon ... enough to make me smile.

No comments: