Wednesday, September 5, 2007

New Fridge Ordered

Well, today I ordered a new refrigerator. Wanted a particular Sears model but I talked to them and they don't make that model (meaning no such top freezer fridge at 33" wide). I prefer the wider fridge however to their new widest size, which is 31", so I simply looked online and found that they sell a nice Whirlpool model (highly rated by Consumer Reports, btw) that is 33" wide and, of course, has an icemaker. The icemaker is one of those things that you just don't want to do without once you've had one. I admit it's not as important as a garage door opener, but it's right up there ;) ...

Anyway, I ordered it today because it's a 15% off Labor Day sale that ends today and I thought "what the heck". My current fridge is still working but I don't want to have to buy one in a panic and this thing is at least 15 years old. Anyone out there that wants the old one can have it if you can haul it away. Otherwise, I'll just have the delivery guys take it with them.

The weather is heating up here, at least for September, as it was in the high 80's today and may be about 90 tomorrow. I like it hot ... and this is probably summer's last hurrah. Now I need to think about the water heater, which is 13 years old. It's also probably good for awhile ... but maybe I'll look around at options and deals, along with the most energy efficient units. I guess the only other thing around here is the roof ... although I think this one still probably has a good 5 years left, the shingles are starting to curl a bit, at least in front, and that's not a good sign. Well, I have time to think about that as well ... guess I'll just continue reading my Harry Potter book.

No comments: