Sunday, September 16, 2007

Beautiful Sunday ...

Very nice out today. Spent quite a bit of time outside as I took a nice 24 mile bicycle ride and, after a cloudy and cool morning, the sun was shining and the breezes were fairly light this afternoon at right around 72 degrees.

I did watch Tiger win the Tour Championship. Never ceases to amaze me, just watching the shots he can make. Otherwise, a rather unremarkable day with the exception that one of the contractors I've talked with about my roof was upset when I asked him for a detailed breakout of his bid. It was like I was impugning his honor/integrity or something. All I have to say is that it's a lot of money and I want to know where it's going. I told him that if the other contractors bidding (next week) had the same problem with my request I'd agree with him. But I think I have the right to ask without him asking if I'm questioning his integrity. That question, actually, now makes me wonder if he has something to hide. He could've simply responded "no, I have a policy about not giving out those details" and I would've accepted that, although I will still ask each contractor that bids. Oh, well ... fact is I do like the product and warranty he has and it's likely I'll go with his bid anyway (although I may ask him for a reduction, why not?).

Looks like a slow night tonight, although this week I've made a lot of progress in reading Vincent Bugliosi's book on the Kennedy assassination. Now that guy has some great common sense and knows how to get the facts together and written down. I'm reading the (lengthy and somewhat pedant) section on the life of Lee Harvey Oswald right now. It's very interesting and gives a lot of insight as to why he was willing and able to kill the President. So maybe I'll get through more of that tonight ... later.

No comments: