Sunday, September 23, 2007

... Fall Is Fell ...

Yes, today is the astronomical first day of autumn. And it feels like it ... I think it's only about 50 degrees out there this morning. But it's a good thing ... and yesterday (Saturday, 9/22) was a great day. I drove to Chicago to meet Ryan as he had tickets to take me to a Cubs game (he flew in from North Carolina). We watched the Cubs beat the Pirates 9-5 as they hit 4 home runs (again ... they did that on Friday as well) in the game. I also picked up a Cubs hat and a print of a painting of Wrigley Field that I need to get a frame for (10x20). After the game we went and got a bite to eat and stopped at Starbucks for coffee and talked for awhile. Then I left town and made it out through the 5:00 rush hour but still got back to Cedar Rapids before 9pm (about 8 hours of driving yesterday). What a great day!

Oh, but too bad about the Hawks losing ... they made a pretty good effort against Wisconsin but the offense just doesn't seem to be up to the task. You can only rely on the defense for so much before you really have to put points on the board.

Well, I notice today that my weight is up to 162 ... a couple pounds too high. Have to do something about that but it will be pretty straightforward. Sure makes it obvious how easy it is to gain weight though. I think I've been to Pei's a few times too often in the past month. But they have such good crabmeat rangoons!

Next big project on the agenda is still the roof replacement. I signed the contract and sent out a payment Friday (9/21) to get that process started. I'm guessing they'll order the material and get organized in the next two weeks and I should have a new roof in place by Halloween.

Today I think I'll ride up to Center Point ... it's a nice solid 24 mile ride on a good road. And by 10/7/07 my weight will be back to 160 or less ...

No comments: