Saturday, September 8, 2007

Fridge Woes, Gutter Goes!

Well, I got an email from Sears and they cancelled my fridge order. So I checked it out with them and it's apparently because they ran out of them due to demand (it was a 15% off Labor Day sale). So now if I reorder I'll just get the regular price. Breaking News! Just in the past few minutes Sears called me from the local store (Cedar Rapids) and said they could fill the order by the 21st of the month or so. They'll match the online sale price and I'll even get a rebate on the delivery cost, so it'll be a better deal. H-mmm, I think the online guy must've contacted the store guy after he heard from me and they decided to get something worked out to make me happy. Well, that's a good idea ... and a good deal ... but I still didn't sign up for the extended warranty stuff. That's really not worth the money.

I got some new gutter leaf guards yesterday and spent this morning installing them. Well, for some unknown reason, I didn't order enough to finish the two small sections of gutter above the front door so I had to order another 5 4-foot pieces. Guess I'll finish that up sometime in the next week. But the minor work remaining can be done using only the step ladder so it shouldn't be too tough. I had some leaf guard stuff in the gutters before but it wasn't working very well so I decided to replace it. This new stuff is called GuttaGuard and it completely covers the gutter except it has a curved lip on the outside that lets the water drop down into the gutter (about a 1/8" gap). I think it will work and it was much cheaper than having something like Gutter Helmet installed.

In recreational news, dancing was fun last night (although I didn't stay very late) and I sang a few songs, had a few more dances (at Red Lion) plus had a margarita at Papa Juan's. Tried calling Ryan this afternoon while I was eating lunch at Pei's since his current school (NC State) was on TV playing Boston College. Thought he might be watching it at home ... but no dice on that. And it's very nice out right now ... I should probably get the lawn mowed and perhaps go for a bike ride. Think I'll go down to Union Station to watch the Hawks play tonight at 7pm (I think they're playing Syracuse ... and it's on the Big Ten Network).

Right now Tiger's in the lead at the BMW Championship of the FedEx Cup playoffs. I think the course is in the Chicago area so they have great weather too. And Tiger is smiling ...

No comments: