Wednesday, September 26, 2007

After The Fridge ...

Well, the new fridge is working great. Interestingly enough, I was talking to my son, Ryan, about this ventriliquist comedian, Jeff Dunham, when I was in Chicago at the Cubs game last Saturday. And I found out last night that Dunham is going to be here at the Paramount in Cedar Rapids tomorrow night (Thursday, the 27th). Quickly checking online, I ordered two tickets for the 7:30 performance. Of course, I don't have a date, so we'll see what happens there ... but I have a ticket if someone shows up and would like to go. Anyway, this guy is just incredibly funny and he has maybe half a dozen different dummies that he uses in his act. Seems like I heard he now has a regular show (maybe on Comedy Central, I'm not sure) ... but it's going to be fun seeing him, even if I just go by myself.

Oh, and I need to report that I turned the dial the wrong way on the freezer so it has been warming up today (I wanted it colder) ... . It's a vertical thing and, in my defense, it seems like turning it so the marker goes "up" means I'm turning the "cold" "up" ... but it really means I'm making the temperature "higher". Guess I need to learn to pay more attention to the markings and less to "human" factors, eh? Well, no damage done ... so it's an easy lesson (and, believe me, I don't seem to get too many of those anymore ... "easy" lessons, I mean). So at least I can smile about it. The old fridge has been "shedding" water as it sits there in the kitchen waiting to be picked up next week (Friday, 10/5) by Alliant Energy. So it surprised me this morning as I thought the new one was leaking ... but it wasn't.

Later ...

No comments: