Thursday, May 1, 2008

Nobody Knows, RAGBRAI News!

Interesting night of singing tonight (the evening of April 30). I went to 3 different places, including one on 2nd street where Chance was doing a show. Seemed a bit melancholy, I guess, which is somewhat unusual for me. Anyway, the main things that happened tonight are that someone asked me to sing Jim Croce's "Operator" (which I did).

By the way, some good news on RAGBRAI. I got my "wristband number" yesterday, meaning that I am fully registered for the 2008 ride. Well, now all I have to do is find a way to get to the start and get home from the finish ... of course, I could ride over to the start and ride home from the finish ... but I'm not sure I'm *that* much of an IronMan (hehe). Of course, Ironman (the movie) opens tomorrow (May 2) in Cedar Rapids and Ryan and I are tentatively planning on seeing it on Sunday. Should be cool!

Tonight's singing (i.e., the evening of May 1) was much more upbeat than last night (see text in the 1st paragraph, above) and two gals asked me to sing duets with them, plus I found a new duet partner for one song. So it was very good. Gotta decide what to do the next two nights though as I want to go out singing but there are a few good dances to consider as well. So many things to do ... so little time.

Ryan will be in town tomorrow and will be at my place on Sunday, that will be fun! Looks like some storms coming in from the southwest tonight ... hope all that clears up in time for Ryan's plane to land tomorrow morning (9:35).

Well ... goodnight all.

Ken

No comments: