Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Great Trip ...

Ryan and I just got back from a quick trip to Fargo over the past 3 days. We went up there to spend some time with my Aunt Elaine, who has been diagnosed with cancer and may not be around as long as we would like. Anyway, it was a great time and we also got to go out and sing some karaoke with my cousin and his son. Then on the way back we headed south on I-29 and went through Sioux Falls on the way down to Missouri Valley, IA ... the starting point for this year's RAGBRAI ride. We then went through several of the ride's following towns to get a feel for the hills involved and, believe me, there are *many* more hills this year than last. So it will be an interesting ride, eh?

Oh, while up in Fargo we also stopped in to see my senior creative writing teacher from South High, Gloria Johnson. Just said "hi" and chatted for awhile and then headed out. We also stopped out at Uncle Don's shop and played some 8-ball with him while chomping down some pancakes (and peanuts).

It was sad leaving this morning but we're hoping for the best for Aunt Elaine as she reads and uses her new book on fighting cancer with good nutrition ... which I think will be an eye-opener for her (I bought a copy for myself, I liked it so much!). Hopefully, today was not the last time we'll be able to talk to her and give her a hug.

Later ...

No comments: