Sunday, April 27, 2008

Movin' On ... 475 Miles

Well, I'm officially 195 miles further in riding the bicycle this year than in 2007 on this date. It's also high time for my life to move on ... and so it will.

Ryan will be here next Friday and we'll head up to Fargo on Monday, May 5. Time to visit my Aunt Elaine as she battles cancer. I'm sure it's been at least 5 years since I've been up there and I was thinking of making it a motorcycle trip until Ryan's visit came up. This would be one of his few opportunities to go there and so we'll just take the Camry (h-mmm, I need to change oil in it this week sometime).

Saw Marc and Lauren at the Red Lion last night. I guess there was some kind of costumed wedding party because a bunch of pirates and wenches showed up there around 10:30. I also stopped out to see Tom & Wilma on the occasion of Tom's 67th birthday. They're thinking of having a big party out there on the 9th so maybe Ryan would be able to go out there with me (but maybe not since he's leaving on the 10th to go back to Raleigh) ... we'll have to see.

While you'd never think this would be true, on the surface, I think the best place to get a smoked turkey sandwich (on whole wheat) is "BBQ This" on Boyson Road here in Cedar Rapids. They also have some decent sides (like homemade Kettle chips and really good potato salad) to go with the sandwich. Oh, yeah, you can also get plenty of things like barbecued ribs there ... hehe.

Well, I'm getting hungry now ... so better get going.

I've decided that it's pretty fun to watch a movie while eating a box of Milk Duds and drinking coffee. Very relaxing ... life really can be very good alone.

Later ...

No comments: