Saturday, April 19, 2008

Riding Between Raindrops ...

Yes, it has been wet around here lately. However, I reserve only one season to whine about per year ... and that was winter here in Iowa. So let it rain. And maybe I'll get some grass seed to come up.

Hit 386 miles on the bicycle today (for 2008) but it hasn't rained here yet (50% chance, so they said). Yesterday it was pretty wet out so I checked the radar and rode in about a 30 minute "clear" window that I could see coming in. It was a good guess as I got some sprinkles the last 15 minutes or so and picked up quite a bit of sand/gravel on the bike but no major shower activity. Cleaned off the sand and then I lubed it up a bit today as it was shifting a bit ratty. Also figured out a new way (new to me, anyway) to adjust the rear dérailleurs) ... I just put the bike up on the stand, put it in high gear and cranked while tweaking the "in/out" adjuster. Just listened for it to sound "out" and then moved it until that noisiness disappeared. Guess we'll see on the next ride how the technique works.

Got the USB wireless unit in the mail today and it's working well in the Vaio laptop that's going to go to Ryan. Also, I bowled a 236 on Wii yesterday (8 strikes, including 6 in a row). That's a very interesting system and the active movements are what make it that way for me.

Picked up a few groceries and now I think I'll go look for a dance and/or a drink along with a song (no women or loaves of bread to go with that wine ... hehe).

Later ...

No comments: