Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Finally ... the 70's!

Nice day out in Cedar Rapids. It was at least 74 although quite windy (30+ mph). I got my bicycle ride in early this morning to avoid the worst of the wind and so that wasn't too bad. Had lunch with Greg Hudak today (retired in June of 2007) and spent some time working on the PC that Larry and I are passing on to Ryan. I expect its new hard drive and memory to arrive this week and I've also ordered a USB wireless device as it's old enough that it doesn't have built in wireless. I think it will be pretty decent, although I'm only able to find a 5400 RPM drive (it has 4200 RPM now) and I'd like to get a 7200 RPM device. Well, this will be good enough, I think (and it's 120GB instead of the current 60GB).

Took a quick spin on the motorcycle this afternoon. It was so nice out that I just got my coat on and headed ... to Cedar Falls. Just had to have a BLT from Toads (on Main Street). Even forgot to grab my house keys when I left ... fortunately, the garage door opener worked fine (i.e., the electricity wasn't out). I'll have to make sure I have a spare house key on the bike somewhere as I've had it happen before that I've arrived home and the garage door opener wouldn't work. I plan to take the motorcycle up to Fargo in the next 6 weeks to see my Aunt Elaine and so I need to get some "exercise" riding it. She's been diagnosed with cancer and may not have a much longer stay. I called her and told her of my plans and I'll call again the week before I go (not sure when that will be, but Ryan may be home the first half of May, so it probably won't be then).

Not much else is new. Oh, I've tried out Tiger Woods golf on the Wii and it looks like something that will take awhile to learn. Bowling is fun and pretty straightforward. Probably the next game I get for that will be Guitar Hero. Very addicting and very fun. Will keep me busy learning stuff next winter, eh?

Time to head out to sing ... cyal8tr.

No comments: