Friday, December 19, 2008

New X-Country Season

Today was my first day this snow season to try out the Cross Country skis. The snow was great and the temperature was mild (mid 20's).

Also got some new karaoke software today (a version update download). The software I'm using is called Karma and the engineers working on it seem to go 24/7/365. It's great to have such good support and they even installed two of my recommendations from Tuesday of this week into today's release. Now that's efficiency. Anyway, I heartily recommend this software as it seems to be pretty efficiently coded (runs well on my 1.73 GHz Pentium M laptop) and it now supports MPEG, AVI and WMV video in addition to MP3-G and .ogg (for DJ work).

Monday will be a fun day as I'll be doing a Christmas karaoke show at The Villages rest home here in Marion, IA.

Looks like more snow headed in this weekend ... but the snowblower is working well and the skiing should just get better and better.

Thought about going up to Waterloo to dance but decided I really didn't want to take a 2 hour drive for that tonight. Maybe I'll just go out for a quick drink ... but I do need to practice some of the songs that will be on tap for Monday. This weekend will likely be spent getting more videos ready to play on Karma. Karaoke on a PC is really fun ... nice to not be dealing with CD's (and scratches, etc.) anymore.

But I am still ready for Spring ...

No comments: