Friday, December 5, 2008

Covers Installed

Today I finally covered the motorcycle and put it on its stand (weight off the wheels) and then brought the bicycle indoors (I like being nice to my bicycle and warmth is what we all crave, n'est pas?). So the riding year is truly over. I must admit I'm still seeing a few hardy souls on bicycles ... even yesterday there was a guy riding up 1st Avenue in Cedar Rapids on a bicycle. I looked at his tires and they didn't appear to have any chains on them, although they were fairly wide. All I can say is that it's nice to know there are some folks out there crazier than I, hehe.

Had fun singing at The Villages rest home today. Seems that they must have enjoyed it as I've been invited back for next Friday afternoon as well as for a Karaoke Christmas program on the 22nd. Well, I'm not sure about the karaoke stuff as I don't have a very large selection of songs (especially Christmas songs) but I've already talked to a couple of my friends, who do have a large collection, to see if I can use some of their Christmas tunes and if they'd be interested in going along to sing. If they can't make it, I'd still like to use the songs, but we'll see what happens. I also would bring along a CD drive that can be used to play CD+G karaoke disks as the activity director said they have some there that they might want to use. Anyway, it should be fun.

Not sure if I'm going out tonight ... I have a few DVD's I can watch and that might be just the thing for a cold Friday evening.

No comments: