Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mac Is Back

Got my Mac back from its warranty repair yesterday and it seems to be working great. Turns out that the problem was not the hard drive but the power supply. So they replaced the power supply and all is well ... plus I didn't have to go through any data restore process(es). Glad that's over with, for now anyway. Hopefully that was the one issue with the computer and it will now work fine for many years.

Yesterday was a tough walking day as we had a coating of ice over everything around here. The YakTraks were indispensable as they made it into a fairly routine stroll. Funny thing is, I actually bought them at least 18 months ago and then never used them last winter (all workouts were indoors or else outside on the cross country skis). This year there isn't enough snow around here (yet) to ski but I just don't feel like working out inside. I have this major urge to be outdoors and so I guess all things do finally work out.

Got some new "old" songs for the PC karaoke system and they've been pretty well received at the retirement home ... will give them another spin this Friday as I return to The Villages in Marion. Those folks really like the old Sinatra, Johnny Mathis, Perry Como and big band stuff. I don't want to get stuck in a steady diet of that myself so I sprinkle in a few other songs ... that way everyone gets to experience something different and we all get to smile at the end of the day.

Time to get going on today's walk.

No comments: