Friday, July 18, 2008

Ready To Ride

Everything seems to be "Go" for takeoff to RAGBRAI tomorrow. The final numbers include 1595 miles and 100 hours of training, my weight is 161 and I got the equipment weight on the bicycle down to 36 pounds. That's about 19 pounds *less* than last year (and it includes 3 full bottles of water). The fully loaded bicycle (with me on it) weighs in at 231 pounds. So all the space/weight saving effort actually turned out to be worth it. The new panniers worked great on the final test ride today. About the only thing left before leaving tomorrow is for me to make sure the tires are inflated to 90 psi. I have a feeling that this year's ride is going to be wetter than last year's, based on the NWS forecasts for Iowa but we'll just have to see.

I don't expect to have internet access during the ride so there probably won't be any more updates here until about next Sunday, July 27. And I'm going to post more pictures in this year's RAGBRAI blog entries (OK, well, that's my goal at least!).

Later ...

No comments: