Thursday, July 17, 2008

Kudos to Canon

I was surprised yesterday to receive my repaired and fully operational camera back from Canon after sending it in to them only 12 days ago. Of course, I never figured it would be back in time for RAGBRAI so I got a new (lighter, smaller) camera for that. But my hat's off to Canon as they analyzed the camera's problem, recognized it as a known recall issue involved a CCD sensor failure, fixed it and then sent it back to me in an amazingly short (to me) time. And the camera does actually work now!

Today I will be packing the panniers and making a test run on the bike in its fully loaded configuration. I don't anticipate that there will be any significant problems. I'm also going to practice setting up and taking down the hammock a few times. Later ...

No comments: