Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fun Today at 1325 Miles

Well, it was a very nice day today. Getting a bit warmer and more humid but still nice for July 1. It looks like I'll be right at 1500 miles for RAGBRAI and, after reading the route description, all those training hours may be a very good thing (given the hills this year). Basically, I think that a relaxed attitude of "keep the spin going" and get over the next hill (while looking for the next Strawberry-Banana smoothie or homemade ice cream stand) will be a good thing.

By the way, Sandra, a good friend of mine, is going to give me a ride out to Missouri Valley so that's really a load off my mind ... very much appreciated! She will also pick me up at the end of the ride on the 26th. Again, you can follow along on where the riders are by going to www.ragbrai.org ...

Tonight Scott and I stopped out to a couple of bars to experience the (new for Iowa) non-smoke environment and it was a real difference! Had a few beers (and a margarita) and it was very relaxing.

Not much else to talk about ... my weight is passing through 163 on the way down to 159 or so and I'll probably (realistically) be at about 161 at the start of the ride on the 19th. I feel good about that.

Later ...

No comments: