Friday, July 4, 2008

Interesting July 3rd ...

Unusual day yesterday. First of all, I sold my old lawnmower. I learned about craigslist.com, a buy & sell website, and put in an ad for it at around 12:30am ... by 10am, someone emailed me, I called them and it was out of the garage by 10:30. So if you have something to sell, give craigslist a try ... I think you'll like it.

I also played my first round of league golf yesterday, ironically enough with a guy that's not actually in the league this year. It was a fun day except for the one guy that kept hitting into us (he was there golfing with his 10 and 12 year old daughters). We talked to him but it kept happening ... so at hole number 14, when he did it again, I hit his ball back to the ladies tees. I think he might have figured things out by then because he finally stopped hitting into us.

Needless to say I didn't have many moments of glory but I had one birdie and a few very good shots (keeps the crowd on edge, you know!). However, those good shots weren't enough to compensate for missed approaches and lack of driving range time ... but the weather was perfect and it was a great day.

No comments: