Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's Winter ...

Today's ride was not a sure thing to happen as we got about 2" of snow here and then it's been snowing during the day. But the temp has been holding at 32 and so the snow has not been sticking to the pavement. I couldn't resist and it worked out very well. Even took time to rinse the bike off and dry the chain (otherwise it will rust pretty quickly as it's not well lubed right now) after I got back. Mileage at the end of the ride was 3645 and I now have 238 hours in on the bicycle (and the Neuro 4.0 cyclometer) this year. The Neuro is still going strong on its original batteries so it's clear that it can go for a year (well, at least one of my year's) of riding. H-mmm looks like on the year I'm averaging a bit over 15mph, and that seems like a pretty good number.

Feels like a good day for some hot soup and a Kielbasa sandwich. Maybe a little football watching and then I'll look into finding another rest home to sing at. That's really quite fun.

No comments: