Sunday, November 9, 2008

It's That Time Of Year ...

Tough times are starting for bicyclists in Iowa. Yesterday's ride was at 34 degrees with an approximately 25mph wind from the west. Today it was 28 degrees with a NW wind at about 15-20mph. One thing I'll say, though, is that rides like this make you realize you're really, really alive ... and a warm shower at the end is a great thing. Approaching 3400 miles for the year ... not bad but not really outstanding. Still likely to hit 3500 if the weather holds up just a little bit (i.e., no early snow).

Looking into putting my leaf gutter covers back on and I've been talking to a guy from the East coast named Tim. He's very knowledgeable and has worked home guttering for quite a few years. I need to get out on the ladder to figure out a few things but I don't think it's going to be an easy job. So I'll clean the leaves out this Fall and then get this all resolved by sometime in the Spring.

And how 'bout those Hawkeyes beating #3 Penn State yesterday? Pretty good. Maybe the Vikings will be next (playing Green Bay today).

Later ...

No comments: