Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Singing ... Again

Tonight was the culmination of quite a bit of work getting all my karaoke disks on my (mostly unused) Toshiba laptop. I gathered all the necessary equipment in my cloth music bag (also used for getting groceries) and brought along the Fender amp system. Stopping in at the rest home on Council Street, I asked if I could do a test run and set things up to see how they worked (and whether or not I'd forgotten anything!). They said "sure" and so I set it up and everything worked, first time. So I sang for almost an hour and it seems that most of them enjoyed the music. It is fun ... and I'll be doing it more often and probably at several different places. It's always a good gig, after all, because you have a captive audience and if you're at all off key, they usually can't tell ... and they truly enjoy the music.

Hopefully, I have enough of a music selection to satisfy most of the audience ... but I'm going to try to get a few more of the real old oldies (like Blue Heaven) as I expect they will be very well received (although I'll surely have to spend some time practicing them).

In other news, it was a cold day for riding (30 when I was out there) but not much in the way of wind and quite a bit of sunshine. It was a fun ride, although I need to decide now whether or not it will be worth my while to clean and lube the chain again before winter. The bike surely does need it as it's now squeaking pretty good but I'd rather save my time and do it in the spring just before starting to ride again. However, if I'm going to get a few hundred more miles in this Fall (depends on the weather), then now is the time. Well, I guess it'd be best to do it now ... finally talked myself into it. First thing tomorrow.

Later ...

No comments: