Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May Flowers

Such an interesting month, May. The mirror of September with its warmth, but not too warm, cool nights and sunny days ... better, though, as the window to summer instead of the doorway to winter. As of this May, it appears I have a new mom, one of my best friends turned 80, and I'm really having more fun singing than I ever thought possible. Last Friday I sang for a crowd of about 300 at a local hotel. It was a 45 minute performance but it seemed to pass in about 5 ... so much fun, ending with a standing ovation, an encore and even a request for an autograph (honestly! ... I know, weird, eh?). Fortunately, by the way, my speaker stands arrived just the day before (whew!) ... they were an essential part of the setup.

Almost as important, I worked on my pumpkin bread recipe and, after 4 attempts, ended up with something that seems to be pretty good. Quite a few people tasted and enjoyed it ... I now feel ready for the next potluck dinner .

So May has been interesting, even though I haven't finished cleaning up the fence area in my back yard ... that will come ... and even though I haven't finished sealing my deck (but it's still not even summer yet, so I have time).

Right now my voice is gone but I hope it returns soon ... so many songs, so little time.

No comments: