Friday, May 22, 2009

Perfect Day

Today was about as perfect as days get here in Iowa. Mid-70's with a light easterly breeze and a clear sky, full of sunshine. The kind of day that makes it into books where readers lose themselves in lilac laden breezes and in the drone of bees, overloaded with the promise of honey.

This all prompted me to take my usual walk of 3.2 miles and then mow the lawn, after first raising the blade 1/2". The lawn looks pretty good but it's almost time to start working on the fence area out back as well as the edging around the front bushes (also trimmed today).

I also decided to stop in to see the doctor about losing my voice as it's turned into a bit of bronchitis now and I want to be sure to be over it before next Wednesday. Got some antibiotics in case it's a bacterial type infection but I think things will be well in a few days.

Sure would be nice to fire up the grill and make a few burgers on Memorial Day. It's been quite awhile since I've done that. I suppose I will if I have a friend or two around ... otherwise, it doesn't seem to be much fun. We'll see what happens.

Should be a good weekend for motorcycle riding as well ... hmm, so many things to do, so little time. Next thing is to get a few new singing gigs ... need to expand my exposure a bit. But, no rush there, I'm sure there'll be plenty of time to accomplish that, even though I sometimes wish I'd started earlier. Well, you just do what you can do with what you have.

It's a good day to watch Clint Eastwood in Pale Rider ... my kind of preacher.

Finally, today would've been the 60th anniversary of my Uncle Don and Aunt Elaine. She only made it to March 27 but I really wanted to dance with her today at their celebration in Fargo. Have to figure out when I'll make it back up there to see my Uncle. It's about time for him to buy me a beer ... eh?

No comments: