Tuesday, August 26, 2008

500 Miles and Lawn Mowing ...

What great weather we are having. Played some good golf yesterday and then today the bicycle riding was exceptionally fun! This evening, even though it was after 7:15, I just decided to mow the lawn and that even went smoothly. Did a little work on the motorcycle and set the bicycle up on the work rack to remind myself in the morning that I need to do a chain cleaning and lube. Believe it or not, I've gotten 500 miles in during the 4 weeks since the end of RAGBRAI and that's just about as far as I can go without doing maintenance on the chain. I probably should do it at about 400 miles but 500 just seems like such a nice round number.

Should go out and sing a few songs tonight but I haven't been practicing lately. So maybe I'll just try out a tune or two and then hop on the motorcycle and head out to Sammy's (not too many choices on Tuesday night).

Keep enjoying summer. My theory is that if we all focus on good weather and good times then summer might well last long past the upcoming autumnal equinox ... and some of the best golf days are yet to come.

Later ... I did go out and sing tonight at Sammy's and it was pretty fun as there were only 2 singers and I got 4 or 5 songs in during the hour I was there. Plus I watched the Cubs score 7 runs in the 8th inning and beat the Pirates 14-9 ... gotta love that!

No comments: